Monday, August 26, 2013

The Insatiable Critic Hits 1,000!


The Critic and Sir Toby having a celebratory toot!
I was looking through the stats on my page recently and I happened to notice that in July, this blog had 1,000 visitors.Wow! I figured that was something worth celebrating. I don't think our mascot Sir Toby was a fan of the noisemaker, but we all had fun in the end.

I want to give a big THANK YOU to all my readers of this blog, past and present. When I got the ball rolling on this back in 2010, I had a lot of reservations. I knew I wanted to do something more specific than just a free-form personal blog, but I worried there were already too many "review" sites out there. The goal was an outlet for my writing and to keep it fresh by focusing on things I'm passionate about that might interest others, but I was worried about keeping up the momentum. I had no idea where this blog was going to lead me, but soon others were excited about my project and giving me help, ideas for content, and practical encouragement to keep writing and updating.

Even when due to personal reasons I was unable to update for an extended period of time last year, The Insatiable Critic was still getting a decent amount of traffic. I've had a tremendous amount of support from some great people, many of whose pages you can visit under my "Friends of the Critic" section. To those people and others, I will be forever grateful.

In fact, it still amazes me to think that in the time this blog has been live, it has had 15,000 views. I only hope that the numbers continue to grow. YOU are my inspiration, dear readers, to keep being, well, insatiable! Here's to you. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! Those numbers are certainly nothing to scoff at. I look forward to the inevitable ComiCONN report, especially after reading your Connecticon recap.

    ReplyDelete